Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Paneer Korma


I know it has been quite a while since I posted last. The reason behind my long absence is: We moved to our new home. I was waiting for this moment for a long time and finally we did it...Yipppieeeee!!!!!

I was very much busy in every nooks and corners of my home. Starting from designing the interior, choosing right colors for the rooms to selecting the furnitures and electronic stuff etc. I could find myself passionately decorating each and every corner of my home, putting things around and again moving them to different places.

Now-a-days I'm shuffling things around my home and I'm really loving it. It means a lot to have your own home and gives immense pleasure to decorate your home. I believe my home is my reflection and it shows what I'm inside out. Yet, there are plenty of things to do which we had planned and yes believe me it's a never ending process. Last but not the least I would like to thank my husband who have shown full confidence in me and let me do whatever I wanted. My home is my canvas and I painted it with the colors of love, affection, trust and respect.



Enough of rambling, coming on to today's post: As we're little bit stable at our home, I can concentrate on my blog now. Few days back I made "Paneer Korma" for dinner and served it with white rice.

Korma recipes has its roots from the Mughlai Cuisine where meat or vegetables are braised in water, stock and then cream and cashew paste is added. Many of the Korma recipes include yogurt and coconut-poppy seeds paste but I substituted it with cashew-onion paste as I love it's flavors.

Let's start with the recipe:






Ingredients:


1. Paneer cubes (Cottage Cheese): 1 cup
2. Onions (large size): 2
3. Ginger-Garlic paste: 2 tsp
4. Tomato (medium sized): 1
5. Cashew paste: 1/2 cup
6. Whole Garam Masala (Caraway Seeds (Shah jeera):1/2 tsp, Black pepper: 1/4 tsp, Cardamoms: 5-6, Black Cardamoms: 2-3, Cinnamon: 1 (1" stick), Cloves: 2-3, Mace: 2-3 florets)
7. Turmeric Powder (optional): a pinch
8. Red Chilli Powder (optional): a pinch
9. Kewra Water: 1/4 tsp
10. Ghee/Butter: 2 tsp
11. Oil: 2 tsp
12. Fresh Cream: 1/4 cup
13. Cilantro: a bunch
14. Green Chilies: 2-3
15. Salt: to taste

Method:


1. Blanch the tomato and onions and keep it aside.

2. Take a blender and make a smooth paste of onions and tomatoes separately.

3. Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan on medium heat. Add the whole garam masala and saute it for a minute. Take care not to burn them.

4. Now add the onion paste and let it cook for a minute or so. Add in the ginger-garlic paste and stir well until the raw flavors are gone.

5. Pour the tomato paste in the pan and let it cook until the oil gets separated. Add a pinch of turmeric, red chili powder and salt to taste. Mix well.

6. Now its time to add the cashew paste stir well and let it simmer for 2-3 mins. Add 1 cup of water, cover the lid and let it cook for 2 minutes.

7. Take off the lid, add the paneer cubes and let it cook for a minute. Check the gravy for seasoning and adjust it accordingly.

8. Add fresh cream and kewra water. Stir well. 

9. Take out Paneer Korma in a serving plate and garnish it with green chili and freshly chopped cilantro. Serve it with naan, chapati, jeera rice. Even it tastes good with plain rice.





Note:


For regular updates just click the "Like" button on my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Flavors-Of-My-Plate/737185573034586?ref=hl

You can also follow me on:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/flavorsofmyplat

If you want the recipe in Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu (or any other language) click on the Google Translate button on the left side.

No comments:

Post a Comment