Monday, May 21, 2018

Tandoori Chicken


Tandoori Chicken......The name itself is enough to make someone drool over the hot, sizzling platter of spicy and juicy Chicken pieces. As a kid when I use to attend the marriage ceremonies the first thing I would search in buffets or the menu card are those succulent Tandoori Chicken.

When I grew up and developed interest in cooking I use to think that making those restaurant style Tandoori Chicken at home is not possible. Thanks, to the technology, my blogger friends and You-tubers from where I tried to learn the art of making Tandoori Chicken at home. 



I tried many recipes; sometimes it use to work and sometimes I failed drastically but finally after adding and subtracting many things I came up with a recipe which never disappoints me and every time I come up with restaurant style taste at home.

So, without further ado let's start with the recipe:


Ingredients:

For First Marination:

1. Chicken Leg Quarters: 4 
2. Salt: as per taste
3. Kashmiri Red Chili Powder: as per taste
4. Lime Juice: 2 tbsp

For Second Marination:

1. Hung Curd: 1 cup 
2. Ginger-Garlic paste: 2 tbsp
3. Cumin Powder: 1/2 tbsp
4. Coriander Powder: 1/2 tbsp
5. Garam Masala Powder: 1 tsp
6. Tandoori Masala Powder: 1 tsp
7. Kasuri Methi: 1 tbsp
8. Mustard Oil: 2 tbsp
9. Butter: for basting
10. Red food color: 2 drops (optional)



Method:

1. Wash thoroughly the chicken pieces and pat dry them with a kitchen towel.

2. Add all the ingredients mentioned under "For First Marination" to the chicken quarters. Coat all the chicken pieces with the marination and let it rest for 2-3 hrs. 

3. Now, take all the ingredients mentioned under "For Second Marination" in a bowl and  mix them well. Coat the chicken pieces with this marination and let it rest for 8-9 hrs. I prefer to keep it overnight in refrigerator.

4. Preheat the oven at 475 F (200 C). 

5. Take out the marinated chicken from refrigerator at-least an hour before cooking.

6. Take a baking tray and cover it with aluminium foil. Now spray some cooking oil on the prepared tray and place the chicken pieces on the tray.

7. When the oven is ready place the baking tray in the pre-heated oven it cook it for 15 mins. Now, take out the chicken pieces and bast it with butter and flip them so that it cooks evenly from both sides. 

8. Again place the tray in oven for 10-15 mins. Take out the chicken pieces and check whether it is cooked from all the sides. 

9. Once done take out the Tandoori Chicken on a serving plate and serve hot with chutney and salad. Enjoy!!



Note:


For regular updates just click the "Like" button on my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Flavors-Of-My-Plate/737185573034586?ref=hl

You can also follow me on:

If you want the recipe in Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu (or any other language) click on the Google Translate button on the left side.

No comments:

Post a Comment