Friday, December 19, 2014

Strawberry Shortcake Shooters......A complete party pleaser



These days my home is filled with gorgeous smell of baking. The nice aroma of freshly baked cakes, cupcakes and cookies is so alluring. I'm not a big fan of cookies and cakes but I do enjoy them during this time of the year to celebrate Christmas and the knocking New Year.

I always feel desserts should be a star of the party because life without sweetness is unthinkable. Having a dessert after appetizer and main course sometimes become challenging so it should be light as much as possible but at the same time no comprise with its taste and looks.



Whenever I have any get-together at my place after preparing the appetizer and main course I hardly have any energy left to work on my dessert. So I usually pick the ones which are instant and hassle free yet gorgeous looking.

There are few things I believe should be kept handy:
  • Whipping Cream
  • Powdered Sugar
  • Vanilla Extract
  • Any fresh or frozen fruits
Always have these things handy

If you have these things available in your pantry you can make endless number of desserts. Today I'm sharing "Strawberry Shortcake Shooters" a gorgeous looking, easy to make and hassle free dessert. 

Let's get started:




Ingredients:


1. Vanilla sponge cake: 1 (cut into very small pieces)
2. Whipped cream : 1 cup
3. Strawberry (fresh or frozen): 1 lb
4. Powdered sugar (as required)
5. Vanilla Extract: 1 tbsp
6. Granulated Sugar: 1/2 cup

Method:


1. In a pan put the fresh or frozen strawberries and sprinkle sugar . Let it cook on medium heat for 15-20 mins or the mixture start to thicken. Turn off the heat and let the sauce to cool down.

2. In a mixing bowl pour the heavy whipping cream. Add the powdered sugar. Whip the cream with your hand blender until you get soft peaks. This will take 2-3 mins on medium speed. Add vanilla extract and again beat it until you get stiff peaks.

3. Take the shot glasses and arrange a layer of cake in it. Press the cake gently so that there's no gap left in the glass.

4.  Add a layer of whipped cream and then add a layer of strawberry sauce. Again add a layer of cake and continue this process until your shot glass is full.

5. Garnish it with few mint leaves or sliced strawberries. 

6. Enjoy it right away or refrigerate it and serve cold.





Note:


For regular updates just click the "Like" button on my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Flavors-Of-My-Plate/737185573034586?ref=hl

You can also follow me on:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/flavorsofmyplat

If you want the recipe in Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu (or any other language) click on the Google Translate button on the left side.  

No comments:

Post a Comment