Sunday, September 13, 2020

Pineapple Custard


Hello my Foodie Friends, I hope you all are doing great. As of now, you all must be knowing my love for desserts. Yes, I have a sweet tooth and I love to relax and cherish my bowl of dessert after lunch (especially). I think that's the best moment of my day and I forget all my worries and tensions with that single spoon of love.


This is the reason you can find a number of dessert recipes on my blog. If you're a dessert lover like me that you must check these recipes (click here). Whether is a traditional Indian dessert or a dessert with International flavors, you can find them all. Some of my favorites are Rasgulla, Gulab Jamun, Phirni, Shahi Tukda, Cheesecake, Mousse, Pannacotta, Pudding, Custard and the list goes on and on..........


Today's recipe is one of my favorites when Pineapples are available in full swing. Pineapple is such a versatile fruit like Mango which can be paired easily with any kind of sweet dish. You can have it as chutney, cake, ice-cream, custard, jam, etc etc etc......I love to make Pineapple Custard (during this season) to relish the rich flavors of this multifaceted fruit.

Pineapple Custard is very easy to prepare but needs a little bit of effort and time but the end result is so satisfying that each and every step is worth it. There are two steps in making this delectable dessert firstly preparing the custard and the other one is to make the jelly. So, without any further ado, let's begin with the recipe:



Ingredients:

1. Milk: 1 liter
2. Pineapple: 1 cup (cut into cubes)
3. Sugar: 1 cup
4. Custard Powder: 3 tbsp
5. Pineapple: 1/4 cup (cut into small pieces
5. Almonds (chopped): for garnishing
6. Cherries (cut into pieces): for garnishing


Method:

FOR MAKING THE CUSTARD:

1. Take a pan and add milk into it. Let it come to boil.

2. Add sugar and cook the milk again for 2-3 minutes. Stir continuously otherwise the milk will stick to the bottom of the pan.

3. In a bowl take the custard powder and add milk. Mix it well and make a lump-free mixture. Keep it aside.

4. Add this custard mixture in the boiling milk. Stir continuously so that there are no lumps in the custard.

5. Cook the custard for 2 minutes on medium flame.

6. Once done switch off the flame and allow the custard to cool down.

7. Pour the custard in serving bowls and keep them in the refrigerator for an hour. Allow them to set.


FOR MAKING THE PINEAPPLE JELLY:

8. In another pan add cubed pineapples and add water (1/2 cup). Allow the pineapples to melt.

9. Add sugar and allow the pineapple jelly to cook for 5-6 minutes. Once done switch off the flame.

10. Take out the custard from the refrigerator and spread the Pineapple jelly on top of it.

11. Garnish the Pineapple pudding with chopped almonds and chopped cherries. Enjoy!!



Note:


For regular updates just click the "Like" button on my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/flavorsofmyplate/

If you want the recipe in Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu (or any other language) click on the Google Translate button on the left side.

1 comment:

  1. Blogging is that the new poetry. I notice it terrific and wonderful in some ways.

    ReplyDelete