Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Cream Horns


From past one and half month I'm just roaming around my oven. I know that but I'm so addicted to it that I become helpless when it comes to baking. The aroma of freshly baked cakes, cupcakes and cookies pulls me towards my oven. 

Whenever I go to my nearby grocery store I always get stick to the bakery section those cute little cupcakes, beautifully decorated cakes, freshly baked breads magnetize me. I can fell the magnetic properties of that section. My husband literally drags me out of there. Anyway enough of rambling lets come back to today's recipe.



Cream Horns or Kremrole is a pastry made with flaky or puff pastry and filled with flavored whipped cream. My husband love them but the saddest part is we don't get them in our local grocery store. We get them in an Asian Store tough. I'm not a big fan of these cute little pastries, last time when we bought it , they somehow invited me and compled me to try one; that day I decided to try them at home. But I was not having molds or funnels for making the cream horns then I "Googled" a little bit and got the idea to make these cutie pies without molds.

So let's start making these Cream Horns without molds:




Ingredients:


1. Puff Pastry Sheet:1
2. Heavy Whipping Cream: 1 cup
3. Powdered Sugar: 1/2 cup
4. Granulated Sugar: 1/2 cup
5. Vanilla Essence: 1/4 tsp
6. Egg: 1
7. Flour: for dusting
8. Ice cream cones: 5-6




Method:


1. Preheat the oven to 400 F.

2. Prepare the ice-cream cones by wrapping it with aluminium foil and lightly greasing it with butter.

3. Thaw puff pastry sheets as directed. It's absolutely okay if you see some cracks in it, seal it with help of water by just wetting your fingers.

4. Lightly dust your work surface with flour and roll out the puff pastry gently.

5. Cut into equal long strips (2 cm wide approx).

6. Take a strip and roll onto the prepared ice-cream cones, push down and overlap as you go. Repeat the process for rest of the strips.




7. Crack the egg in a bowl, add 1/4 tsp of water and beat it with fork. Brush the prepared puff pastry with the egg and sprinkle granulated sugar.




8. Place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake the pastries in the oven for 15 mins.

9. In the meanwhile beat the heavy whipping cream with powdered sugar and vanilla essence until you get stiff peaks. Keep it aside.




10. Take the pastries out of the oven and let it cool down.

11. When the pastries are completely cooled fill in the whipped cream with the help of a cream bag or a ziploc bag.

12. Enjoy !!



Note:


For regular updates just click the "Like" button on my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Flavors-Of-My-Plate/737185573034586?ref=hl

You can also follow me on:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/flavorsofmyplat

If you want the recipe in Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu (or any other language) click on the Google Translate button on the left side.

4 comments:

  1. Wow cream rolls, my favorite. I frequently buy these cream rolls from the shop but did not ever tried to prepare at home. Now I shall try to make it out as per your recipe and will surely share the feedback with u. Thank u for the share...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband loves them but we don't get them in our local grocery store that's the reason I thought of giving it a try. It's so easy to make if you have puff pastry in your freezer. Do give it a try and share the feedback :)

      Delete