Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Mango Lassi


Sometimes you just need very simple things to make yourself happy. Well, I follow this basic principle always. For me that can be a cup of coffee, getting drenched in the rain showers, playing with kids, browsing my childhood pics and the list goes on. 

Having a glassful of Lassi during summer gives me exactly same feeling but when it's Mango Lassi then my excitement gets no limits.



It was a season of Mangoes this year and we really enjoyed some of the popular varieties like Alphonso, Himsagar, Langda, Amrapali, Dussehri etc. I had posted many mango based recipes in my blog which are very easy to make yet delicious to taste. 
There are many more in my bucket list, will soon try to give them a place in my blog.



Summer is very much over and monsoon has already arrived in India. So, before saying adios to the king of fruits I thought of making a very popular yet very simple recipe; yes it's nothing other than Mango Lassi. Lassi is a cooling and refreshing drink made from yogurt and when it's blended with the flavors of Mango, it takes this traditional drink to the next level. 

So, let's give our Mango love a pause and get into the recipe of Mango Lassi:





Ingredients:


1. Mango Pulp: 1 cup
2. Yogurt: 1 cup
3. Milk (optional): 2-3 tbsp 
4. Powdered Sugar: 1/4 cup (as per requirement)
5. Saffron (optional): few strands

Method:


1. Take a blender or mixer and add the mango pulp with yogurt and blend it nicely under you get a smooth consistency.

2. Add powdered sugar to this mixture. If the mixture is too thick then add few tbsps of milk. Check the sweetness of the mixture and adjust it accordingly.

3. Pour this lassi in serving glasses and garnish it with saffron.

4. Serve chilled or add ice cubes while serving. Enjoy!!!




Note:


For regular updates just click the "Like" button on my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Flavors-Of-My-Plate/737185573034586?ref=hl

You can also follow me on:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/flavorsofmyplat

If you want the recipe in Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu (or any other language) click on the Google Translate button on the left side.

No comments:

Post a Comment