Friday, July 17, 2015

Vanilla Cupcakes/Muffins


Sometimes it's okay to behave childish and demand for some childish things. For me last week was like that. I had been bugging my husband to get me Vanilla Cupcakes. There are many cake/bakery shops near our home but to be very frank I don't like the amount of frosting they put on their cakes/cupcakes/pastries. 


I'm a total cupcake girl. Since, we don't like chocolate flavor, I always prefer to bake vanilla cupcakes. I wonder why didn't I give these pretty looking cakes a place on my blog. 

As I say "Being a Foodie is a boon and a curse too" because the urge of eating random things at the odd hours is not good at all. What do you say? So, to satisfy my craving for cupcakes I have to do something. As a die hard foodie and a food blogger I jumped into my apron and looked for my baking tools.


I think making cupcakes is the easiest thing to bake. Just mix all the ingredients, pour the batter into cupcake moulds and bake it for 15-20 mins.  Ta-Da!!!! your cupcakes are ready :)

I know cupcakes do have frosting on them otherwise it's better to call them Muffins. But as they came out so perfect and I have made a very big batch this time (you know my craving) so I gave up my idea of frosting and took the pics without frosting/icing on them. But, if you want you can do the frosting too. For the recipe of Vanilla Buttercream frosting please Click Here

So, try your hands on these fluffy, moist and perfectly baked Vanilla Cupcakes/ Muffins. 


Ingredients:


1. All purpose flour: 1 cup
2. Unsalted butter: 1 cup 
3. Sugar: 1 cup
4. Baking Powder: 1 tbsp
5. Vanilla Extract: 1 tbsp
6. Milk: 1/4 cup
7. Salt: 1 tsp
8. Eggs: 3


Method:



1. Bring all the ingredients to room temperature.

2. Preheat the oven to 350 F/180 C. I used my Convection Microwave for making these cupcakes. 

3. I used silicon moulds for baking cupcakes. Otherwise line your muffin tray with paper liner.

4. Sift together all purpose flour, baking powder and salt. Keep it aside.

5. Take unsalted butter and powdered sugar in a bowl and beat well with your hand mixer on medium speed until it becomes creamy.

6. Crack all the eggs in a large bowl and beat them until it becomes light and fluffy. It will take 8-10 mins on medium speed. Add vanilla extract and again beat the mixture for a minute.



7. Add flour mixture to the butter-sugar-egg mixture and mix with the help of a spatula.
using cut and fold process. Add milk and mix well.

8. Pour this batter into silicon moulds or muffins tray and put it into the oven for 20-25 mins.

9. To test whether your cupcakes are done or not, take a toothpick and insert it into the center. If it's clean your cupcakes are done otherwise bake it for a minute or two.

10. Take them out from the oven and let it cool down for 10 mins. When the cupcakes are completely cooled do the icing as per your choice or devour them as it is as I did.



Note:


For regular updates just click the "Like" button on my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Flavors-Of-My-Plate/737185573034586?ref=hl

You can also follow me on:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/flavorsofmyplat

If you want the recipe in Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu (or any other language) click on the Google Translate button on the left side.

2 comments: