Sunday, April 28, 2019

Fried Masala Idli....An Innovative way to reuse Leftover Food

           

One of the most difficult things to deal in life is the Leftover Food. I feel very frustrated whenever I open my refrigerator and see leftover food is peeping at me.

I don't have the courage to dump them in the dustbin because there are so many people in the world who are not getting food to eat and we are wasting the food we are getting. 


That's the reason I always try to come up with some innovative ideas to deal with the leftover food so that my family doesn't feel that they are having the same old stuff and try to make it delicious.

In this post I have tried to reuse the leftover Idlis. My family loves Idli-Dosa but it always happens to me that I overmake the Idlis so I always have some Idlis as leftovers. 


Leftover Idlis don't taste that good as they lose their freshness. So, I came up with this exciting and delicious Fried Idli recipe which not only gives a new look to the leftover Idlis but makes it delicious too.

So, without doing any further ado let's start with the recipe.


Ingredients:

1. Idli (cut into 4 pieces): 8
2. Onions (chopped): 1/2 cup
3. Tomatoes (chopped): 1/2 cup
4. Green Chilies (Chopped): 2
5.Mustard Seeds: 1/2 tbsp
6. Kashmiri Red Chili Powder: 1/2 tbsp
7. Chaat Masala: 1/2 tbsp
8. Turmeric Powder: 1/2 tbsp
9. Curry Leaves: 8-10
10. Coriander Leaves: for garnishing
11. Salt to taste
12. Oil for frying

Method:

1. Place a pan on medium-high heat and add mustard seeds. Let them crackle.

2. Add curry leaves and finely chopped onions. Fry them until the onions become translucent that means they become soft. 

3. Add chopped green chilies and then chopped tomatoes. Again cook for 2 minutes. We will not overfly the mixture we just want it to be soft so that e can feel the texture while eating.

4. Add salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, chaat masala and mix everything nicely. 

5. Our masala is now ready it’s time to add the Idlis. Add the Idlis in batches and coat them with the masala mixture.

6. Sprinkle few drops of water if required and let it cook for another 2 minutes.

7. At last add the finely chopped coriander leaves.

8. Our Masala Idli Fry is now ready serve. Enjoy it with some coconut chutney. 


Note:


For regular updates just click the "Like" button on my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/flavorsofmyplate/


If you want the recipe in Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu (or any other language) click on the Google Translate button on the left side.

No comments:

Post a Comment